Thursday, July 10, 2008

NYC SCHOOLS

New York City Schools

The article is about New York city Schools and how they have been improving. This year people did a survey for our New York Schools, more people responded this year than year last year. This year people really put out an effort to get their opinions across. Micheal.R. Bloomberg announced that more than 800,000 people respond to this year survey, this survey cost 2million to conducted.

I think that there is a lot of work in school safety that needs to be done in our New York City schools. Doing surveys are not going to fully solve the issues. We as a community needs to come together and talk about what we can do to help our schools, mainly our public schools. Public schools are the most Unsafe schools in New York City in my opinion. I don't think that there is enough people protecting our young or older kids in our communities. There are too many violent situations going on in our schools today.

I think that it's great that test scores went up but their are not enough people graduating. Some people have learning disabilities and others just simply don't want to learn. I feel like if you're a teacher and you're teaching a student but the student doesn't quite get what you're teaching, it's not always the student fault. Sometimes schools have to evaluate each teacher and each student to figure out which student would best fit with what teacher because not everyone could learn from the same teacher.


I'm I satisfied with my education?: Honestly, no I am not satisfied because of the simple fact that I know it could be much better. The schools itself could be much cleaner, it could be a much safer place and, teachers could be much more patient with their students.

I think when you become a teacher you know that you have to be patient because while there may be a couple of bright students in your class or a couple of people who are going to understand what you said the first time, you won't have to repeat yourself, you also know that there are going to be people who you might have to repeat yourself several times . I know being a teacher isn't easy but neither is being a student. We have school work, homework and test we have to worry about and then we go home and have to do work there too. I think teachers shouldn't be so hard. I basically just think that if you pair the students up with the right teacher, maybe there would be more passing grades.I think that if the faculty at the school could also help by motivating students to do good and letting them know that no matter what your pass grades looked like, you could still turn it around and make your parents proud. I think that there are so many negative comments made these days, that we all should just focus on the positive and let go of the negative.


Yes schools have been improving but I think that we can still improve
much more.





No comments: