Monday, August 4, 2008

What makes a good liar?

What makes a good liar? , what makes a good liar is someone who could remember their lies. I think that what makes liar a good liar is not forgetting the lies you made up because than you would be caught in your lie.I think the most excessive liars are kids, but adults lie too. people can lie for many reasons. Reasons like, in security, if their a child than they may think that they are going to get in trouble, The person might lie to make themselves feel good, their are many reasons why people lie.

Both authors get their points across about lying but in different ways. The essay written by Montaigne's says that '' If, like the truth, falsehood had only one face, we should know better where we are, for we should then take the opposite of what a liar said to be the truth. But the opposite of a truth has a hundred thousand shapes and a limitless field.'' I like this statement because I feel like it is true. When you tel;l a lie, you can shape it how ever I like. I can tell what at first was the truth then add some others lies on their so the story could be worth hearing.

The quote by Mark Twain uses satire ,which is a word describing people making fun of human vice or weakness. He poem says to me that lying is a everyday thing. People lie all of the time but I lie all of the time, How I'm I going to keep my lies up. How would I remember what I lied about? I think that is so true, people tell lies to people and can't remember what they said or what they lied about. The key thing to remember is "If you tell the truth, You don't have to remember anything''. I say that because if you never lie, than you will never have to remember what you lied about. For Example: If some one asked me how old am I?, and I response by saying I am 21 years old, than that is what their going to believe. Say the person forgets and they ask me again how old am I, I say 18. They are going to know I lied about my age, but if I had simply told them I was 18 in the first place, I would not have to remember the age that I told them.

No comments: